Here are the Top 5 things you NEED for a Wellington summer!
1. Togs. You’re sure to be hitting the beach many times in this hot sun, so a good pair of togs is what you need. Check out the new year sales to grab a bargain. Make sure to get good quality ones – that won’t fade, or break easily.
2. Sunscreen. With the sun rays coming down strong, even 5 minutes in the sun can leave you burnt and in pain. If you want to avoid this, you need to have good sunblock on every time you go into the sun.
3. Aloe Vera. Chances are, sometime you will forget to put sunblock on before going in the sun. Before you know it, you’re as red as a tomato. Using Aloe Vera can help to sooth your burn, and help prevent your skin from flaking away. Apply as soon as you see you are burnt.
4. Sunglasses. Don’t squint, get sunglasses! Did you know that over time, squinting will give you wrinkles around your eyes? Protect your eyes (and your wrinkle free skin!) with some good quality sunglasses. Grab a pair from Moana Road and keep your eyes happy this summer. Moana Road is known for their bamboo arms, polarised lenses and affordability, the range now includes ladies fashion, kids and even bottle openers made from titanium!
5. Outdoor Gear. With barely any clouds in the sky, summer is the perfect time for outdoor adventures. Camping with friends and family will give you unforgettable memories. Having good quality outdoor gear is crucial for safety and happy smooth trips! Our favourite outdoor gear shop is Bivouac Outdoor.
Bivouac Outdoor provides the highest quality camping, climbing, fitness, hiking, snow sports or travel gear available in New Zealand. They are committed to adventure and stock the best outdoor brands from around the globe including The North Face, Arc’teryx, Icebreaker, Merrell & more.
You can find their store in Wellington CBD at 39 Mercer Street.